Thursday 19 February 2009

Wednesday 18th,up to Sheppey for a bit of photography but as I went over Boxley hill through the low cloud and mist,I must amit I felt like turning back.However as I neared the bridge the light was improving.Out along the Elmley track birds were rather distant and out of reach,but I did find a very close and obliging Little egret and managed to fire off a few shots before the light went again.I stayed arround for a while one female Marsh Harrier was seen in the distance with clouds of Wigeon.Then on to Capel fleet,on the way just past the prison turn off I glimpsed a Green Woodpecker on the bank at the side of the road.A quick U turn,and I pulled up alongside and managed a few shots.By the time I reached Capel fleet the light had gone and as very few birds were to be seen I headed home.At home had one net up all afternoon and trapped one bird,but it was a nice male Reed bunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment