Tuesday 17 March 2009

Blackcap,a wintering bird hanging on?.

Whilst walking through the market at Snodland on March 6th,I heard a Blackcap singing just behind the stalls.The song was rather quiet,not the full summer song.The following Friday,Iwas surprised to hear it singing again.I found and heard it again on the 17th (photo).It is hardly Blackcap habitat,so I would have thought it to be a bird that has over wintered.The trees are ivy covered.On one occasion it was seen to pick and swallow a bud,which took a good 15 seconds.It will be interesting to see how long it stays.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan. Asking if your Blackcap is a over wintering species, or new arrival, well my money would be on a over wintering one, but who knows, I could be wrong.
    PS. Where did you go for Upper Halling Woods?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very nice pictures Alan. Seem to be lots of obvious Buzzard around at the moment.

    ReplyDelete