Sunday 12 April 2009

I was out and about between 8am-930am,the weather was overcast,calm and dry.My usual walk took me from the Brookland car park(where a pair of Linnet were seen just the other side of the bridge) round Abbey Mead (east bank) over the rail,through the east and west scrub and back down the mill stream path.Birds seen or heard were Canada Geese,Greylags, Blackbird 4,Song Thrush 4, Starling 4,Jay 2, Wren 6,Cetti`s 6 east of the rail,with 3 in the country park,Magpie 3,Crow 6,Cormorant 2,Teal 4 (river) Tufted Ducks,Moorhens,Little Grebe 2 (Abbey Mead lake),G C Grebes,Mallard 12,Mute Swans (nest Brookland lake and on the wader scrape) Robins,Dunnocks,Great Tits,Blue Tits,L T Tits,Woodpigeon 10,Green Woodpecker 2, G S Woodpecker 2,Collared Doves,Chaffinches,Bullfinch 2 (river Hawthorns),Chiffs 6,Willow Warblers 4,Greenfinch 8,Pheasant 1,Coots,Herons,B H Gulls,Herring Gulls,L B B Gulls,Grey Wagtail 1 (river area) Swallow 1,Sparrowhawk male and female,Goldfinch 1 (mill stream) Reed Warbler 5,Sedge Warbler 1 (first this spring,edge of sunken marsh) Whitethroat 2 (east and west scrub area) and Nightingales 6 (3 in the west scrub and 3 in the east scrub).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan.
    Looks like you had a better day than me. I only wish I had more time to cover the Scrub area. Looks as if I missed the birds I wanted to see. Oh well, next time. Well done .

    ReplyDelete