Sunday 3 May 2009

New Hythe,May 2nd.

Nice warm,sunny day,sw.

A very quick walk around during the morning produced 2 Cuckoo,one in the sunken marsh and the other in the west scrub,2 Garden Warbler were heard,1being in the Brook House area with the other towards the northern end of the Mill Stream and 2 Sedge Warbler 1 in the scrub on the railway bank at the sw corner of Brookland lake and the other in the sunken marsh (still no Turtle Doves) a Buzzard was watched high over the Downs at Burham and a Sparrowhawk over the Island Site area (seen from the mound at Brookland lake).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan.
    Looks like you had a nice walk. Those Turtle Doves don't rush themselves do they. I am still waiting to see one, as for Garden Warbler, well never seen one, let alone know what one sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually got out myself today Alan! I know wonders will never cease. I didn't find a Turtle Dove either which I expected. Great pictures of Whitethroat - I saw 23 today!

    ReplyDelete