Friday 29 May 2009

On reaching the Elmley track the early moring mist was just burning off and by 8:am it was clear and sunny just right for a mornings photography. Four Avocets flew across but unfortunately failed to stop,however a little bit further on two Redshank were more obliging and I managed some nice shots.Skylark,Meadow pipit and Lapwing all fell for the camera,Yellow Wagtail were elusive,just staying out of camera range.I only went as far as the farm and turned and headed off for Cappel Fleet.On reaching the fleet and rounding a bend I was confronted by a Barn Owl sitting on a fence post at the side of the road unfortunately I was looking into the sun and only managed several poor shots.I did notice though that the Owl,after it had flown was following a regular flight path and by carefully positioning myself was able to get some worth while photos.Up to six Marsh Harries were seen,one comming quite close for a photo opportunity.By 10:am it was time for me to head off home, a very happy man,there again Sheppey very rarely fails to please.

Other birds seen at Elmley were Crows,Rooks 20,Little Egret 2,Marsh Harrier 1,Reed Bunting,Mute swan 2,Heron 2,R L Partridge,Mallard ,Shoveler,Starlings,Coots and B H Gull.

At Cappel Fleet, a Common Buzard was of note.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan. Nice pictures. probably my favourite place Elmley and surrounding area.I would go more often if I could.

    ReplyDelete