Friday 28 August 2009

Halling Common,August 27th.

1230-2pm.Weather by the afternoon the cloud had mainly cleared.In the first Hawthorns just over the style was a mixed flock of Tits/Warblers and Buntings,comprising-15 Great Tits,3 Blue Tits,3 Whitethroats,1 Lesser,4 Reed Buntings,1 Yellowhammer and 1 Wilow Warbler.Two Buzzards were over the Downs at Wouldham,the remainder of the walk was rather quite,just one Stock Dove being of note.On my way back I met Ken,its nice to have met him at long last, he said he had seen 3 Buzzards over the Downs.After I had left him and on the way back to the car I had 4 (last year at about the same time,I had 7).Back at where I had parked my car,I heard and saw a Common Sandpiper flying down the river.

After I had left Halling I popped into Holborough to look at the river there.By then it was on its way back up,1 Little Egret,2 Common Sandpipers and 40 Lapwing were seen.

In the past at Holborough,I have had up to 17 Common Sandpipers (autumn) flying down the river in a tight flock on a rising tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment