Thursday 29 October 2009

New Hythe,October 29th (Abbey Mead area)

Weather,misty at first,later clear and warm.
Although the morning was rather quite it did produce 3 Fieldfare (my first this autumn for the lakes)they were in the Brookland/Abbey Mead area along with small numbers of Redwing.In the Hawthorns along the river I saw at least 10 Bullfinch and on Abbey Mead 7 Pochard,4 Gadwall,100 Coot,2 Shoveler,80 Tufted Duck,2 Little Grebe and 3 G C Grebe were present.Overhead I could hear small numbers of Chaffinch passing west along with 1 Skylark.

Before I went home I called in at Alders lake and found 17Pochard,32 Tufted Duck,120 Coot and 4 G C Grebe.

During the late afternoon I went onto the New Hythe industrial site and found a roosting flock of at least 200 Pied Wagtail.Before they moved onto the above site during the mid 1980s,they roosted in the reed beds at Holborough marsh.

October 21st,1980.at least 300 Pied wagtails roosting at Holborough marsh,8 Snipe and 50 Meadow Pipits also present.

No comments:

Post a Comment