Thursday 10 December 2009

Last weekend my daughter had asked me what I wanted for a Christmas present.As it was a bird book and I had only seen it on sale at Dungeness it was a good excuse to go down,pick up the book and see some good birds.I saw two birds I had missed on my last visit,Raven and Black-necked Grebe.The Ravens were seen twice (2 birds) on the first occasion I was walking to the Denge marsh hide and they both flew over quite close heading towards the reserve centre and the second occasion was when I was walking back to my car from the Hanson hide.If these birds had not called I may well have overlooked them.The Black-necked Grebes were both performing well from the Denge marsh hide,although it would have been nice if they had been a little closer.On the way back to the centre two Stonechats were seen near the Christmas dell hide.I was hoping the Penduline Tits were still around but I think they must have moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment