Sunday 24 January 2010

During the afternoon I thought I would pop down to the lakes and try and see the Bittern that can sometimes be found on Abbey Mead.Anyway as luck would have it I was halfway along the path which runs between Brooklands lake and the railway when I met Terry Laws.He told me he had just been watching a Bittern a few yards further on.Terry was onto it straight away but it took me a little while longer,it was in the reeds that run along the edge of the lake only about sixty feet away but was very well concealed.We both waited around for a while to see if it would come out into the open but it just melted further into the reeds.Terry left soon after, I
walked further along to Abbey Mead where I saw nothing on note.On my way back I had a quick look for the Bittern but it was still not showing.Anyway my thanks to Terry and I understand it was his first visit to the lakes since the New Year,so at least he got off to a good start with the Bittern.

No comments:

Post a Comment