Tuesday 2 March 2010

8.30am-10.am another very nice clear and calm day.Birds noted - a Shelduck and 4 Teal were seen on the river. A water Rail and a Cetti`s called from the sunken marsh.The brown-head Goldeneye was present again on Brookland,along with 8 Pochard and 20 Tufted Duck.Four Shoveler, 26 Tufted Duck and 8 Pochard were on Abbey Mead from where a second Cetti`s was heard,a third was calling along the western edge of Brookland.The east scrub held small numbers of both Chaffinch and Fieldfare and more unusually a pair of Mallard,the last of which were on a small water flash.Best of all however was another sighting of a Bittern.The bird appeared as I was climbing the mound at Brookland.It came over from the direction of Burham,flew across the lake and went down in the reeds along the western edge of the lake.I didn`t however have my camera out of its bag and by the time I was ready to shoot it was flying away from me,another good photo opportunity mist.I also forgot to put the camera onto auto tracking,so hence the out of focus shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment