Wednesday 2 June 2010

Sunny and warm,I was out between 12:30-2:pm.I walked round the sunken marsh,through the riverside hawthorns,over the railway line and back to the Brookland car-park along the millstream.The first thing I noticed was the continued presence of the adult Mute Swans on Brookland but there was still no sign of their cygnets I had photographed just after they had hatched on May 24th.I first noticed they were missing the following day,its all very strange.The usual warbler species were seen or heard as I walked round the marsh + Sparrowhawk,Cuckoo and Turtle Dove.Along the river I saw 2 Shelduck,I Oystercatcher,23 Canada geese + one small brood and 2 overflying Stock Dove.Not much of note was then seen until I had reached the northern end of the millstream where I found 3 Garden Warbler in song.

No comments:

Post a Comment