Thursday 8 July 2010

8:am-10:am overcast to start slowly clearing.This morning I parked in the Brookland car park,as I walked past the lake out to the river I noted 2 Common Tern,1 Kingfisher,3 Green Woodpecker,6 Goldfinch 1 Blackcap and 1 Lesser Whitethroat.At the river which was almost high the Shelduck were seen again and 1 G B B Gull ( Herring Gulls and L B B Gulls are seen most days in the area and in all months) small numbers have been breeding on the Alyesford Paper Mill site which is on the edge of the recording area for many years).Two Linnet flew over the sunken marsh and along the river path I again came across the family of Nightingale.I find it possible to locate the adults by the croaking note but that whistle appears to come from all directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment