Wednesday 22 September 2010

Clear and warm 0800-1415. I went to Oare again today but still failed to connect with the White- rumped Sandpiper.Its either moved on or waited until I had gone home again before showing. Although I was disappointed in not seeing the Sandpiper I still had a very enjoyable days bird-watching,with plenty to see and keep me occupied.Oare must be one of the best bird-watching localities in the County at the moment.
Birds I noted - Grey Heron (8) Little Egret (6) Little Grebe (4) ,Sparrowhawk(1) Marsh Harrier (2),Peregrine (1) Kestral (1) Hobby (1) Water Rail (1) Cuckoo (1) BT Godwit (800+) Bartailed (4) Redshank (100+) Greenshank (1) Turnstone (1) Avocet (37) Dunlin (80+) Little Stint (4) Ringed Plover (20+) Curlew Sandpiper (2) Ruff (10+) Golden Plover (400) Bearded Tit (2) Cetti`s (1) Yellow wagtail (2) Shoveler (35) (Teal) Shelduck,Linnet (4) and Reed Bunting (10).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan.
    I agree with you about Oare being about the best place for waders etc in the area at the moment.It is also great to be that much closer to the birds than other reserves.
    Nice photo's, especialy tha aerial shot of the Blackwits.
    Sorry you missed out on the W/R/Sand again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken,See you had a nice day out at Dung,lots of migrants about.

    ReplyDelete