Tuesday 22 March 2011

Light overcast,calm,warm latter on 8.am-9.30.
Birds I noted this morning were 4 Shelduck,2 Teal,3 Coot,1 Snipe,1 Redshank,6 Mallard,1 G B B Gull and 1 Sparrowhawk along the river.One Snipe,1 Reed Bunting,2 Calling Water Rail and 4 Bullfinch in the sunken marsh.Five calling Cetti`s Warbler,one of which was in the ditch behind the cafe,25 occupied nests in the Heronry and my first singing Blackcap of the spring,which was picked up by Bob Bland on my return to the car park,thanks Bob.
Chiffs were in much the same numbers as yesterday and I could find no Pochard or Shoveler,both of which were in the area just over a week ago.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to get the first singing Blackcap Alan, I always look forward to that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan,yes your right,that and Willow Warbler.

    ReplyDelete