Thursday 10 March 2011

March 10th (New Hythe)

During my walk this morning I saw (20) Gadwall and (40) Teal on the river,a Snipe (2) Cetti`s Warbler and (1) Water Rail in the sunken marsh (7) Shoveler and (6) Pochard on Abbey Mead (2) Bullfinch and a Sparrowhawk in the hawthorns along by the river (4) Redwing in the west scrub,two small flocks of Siskin,one of which was in Alders along the millstream and the other in the Alders on the north bank of Brooklands, a Kingfisher,along with (2) REDHEAD SMEW on the streamside lake and (1) Little Egret on the millstream.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alan, I think I will have to take a stroll by the river to try and spot my first kingfisher.
    Does it have a preferred location?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kieron,you can see one or two at times on the river looking out from the small wood by the Brookland lake outflow,or better still try the streamside lake.

    ReplyDelete