Saturday 26 March 2011

On my way back from the marsh I called in on Brookland lake and as I pulled up in the car park I met Eddie Denson on his way to see four Little Gulls that had been found on the lake earlier by Jerry Warne.Luckily the birds were still there,performing well picking insects from the surface of the water along with the usual flock of Black-headed Gulls.I manage to get a few Photo`s but all were rather distant and as I was running short of time I promised myself I would go back later and try again.
On my second visit about two hours later I saw Terry Laws who had also heard about the birds.While we were there,Terry had a text from Martin Warburton saying he was at Alders Lake and a RED KITE had just flown over heading SW,to say the least we both felt sick.It had probably passed over some where close to us as we had been watching the Gulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment