Wednesday 20 April 2011

Continuing sunny and warm.
I was up early this morning,earlier enough to see the sun come up over the Downs.I wanted to get in a couple of hours ringing before the sun became too strong.As it was I only ringed 2 Song Thrush,1 Reed Warbler and 1 Chiffchaff,I think I should have stayed in bed.Other birds that I noted were 2 Shelduck on the river,a second Lesser Whitethroat and a Cuckoo,I was finished by 9.am.From there I went to look at Holborough marsh.Along the river I saw 4 Shelduck,2 G B B Gulls and 1 L B B Gull.The scrape which is still looking good held 2 Lapwing,2 Mallard,3 Moorhen and 1 cock Pheasant.In the bushes I heard 2 Nightingales,1 Chiffchaff,2 Common Whitethroats and one Cetti`s Warbler.Although by now is was becoming very warm I decided to go and have a quick look at Halling marsh.The only birds of note that I saw were 2 Shelduck on the river,a Snipe and 7 Linnets.The bird that I was hoping to see,Yellow Bunting I had no luck with.I think I may have left it a little late in the day,but I have noticed this year they are not as numerous as in the past on the marsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment