Sunday 1 May 2011

I went to Dungeness today,although I didn`t arrive until quite late,I still managed to see a good sea bird passage (by my standards) with plenty of variety 9.am-10.00.
Pomarine Skua 1,Bartail-Godwit 100,Knot 1,Kittiwake 2,Black Tern 2,Gannet 4,Common Scoter 30,Razorbill 1,Little Tern 6,Little Egret 1 (came in over the patch) Diver 1 sper,Common Tern 100s and Arctic Tern,several seen.
A strong easterly wind made viewing small birds rather difficult,but I did hear good numbers of Sedge Warblers,Common Whitethroats and Cetti`s Warblers around the RSPB reserve.Although I had no luck with the Purple Heron that has recently turned up there (lets hope it finds a mate) I did see three Hobbies (my first sighting this year) feeding over the fields just behind Boulderwall farm,I was back in Snodland by 1.30pm.

Yesterday 79 Pomarine Skua and a 1000 + Bar-tails went past Dungeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment