Saturday 3 December 2011

December 3rd

First thing this morning I popped down to the Trout Lake at Leybourne to see if the Goldeneye that Greenie had found there yesterday was still present.However despite having a good look,it was no where to be seen.It may well have been tucked away close into the bank some where,but I couldn`t see it.I then thought perhaps it had moved onto one of the other lakes,so I had a look at Alders,Tesco,Brookland and then Abbey Mead,but still no Goldeneye.
While I was looking over the lakes I thought I might as well do something useful and had a head count of Pochard and found (49) with the main flock of (33) birds being present on Alders.
Other birds of note that I saw were two Goldcrests and one of the Bitterns that frequents the Streamside lake.

During the afternoon I had a walk out at Luddesdown and saw (3) Buzzards,one of which was displaying (1) Sparrowhawk (1) RAVEN and a mixed flock of Rooks,Jackdaws and Carrion Crows numbering at least (1000) birds.

3 comments:

  1. Alan ,
    There were at least 3 anglers there yesterday , and she was getting grief from a pair of resident Coots too .
    Shame she wasn't around this morning .

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Ala.
    I too paid New hythe a visit this morning. sounds as iff the Bittern hadn't moved all day.

    ReplyDelete