Monday 19 December 2011

This morning I walked out to the river and Abbey Mead,passing Brookland lake on the way.When I started the walk it was nice and bright with a heavy frost but by the time I had finished one and a half hours later it was dull and overcast.
I was hoping to find one of the rarer grebes or perhaps a Goosander,but as it turned out it was just another average walk.
Birds of note that I saw or heard were (3)Water Rails,two called from within the Sunken marsh and the third called from the reeds along by the river.Pochard numbered (21) with (9) on Brookland and (12)on Abbey Mead (1)Cetti`s called from the Sunken marsh and I saw totals of (4) Bullfinch (15)Teal (4) Gadwall (3) Jays and singles of Green and G S Woodpeckers.Redwings and Fieldfares had fallen in numbers,with perhaps only 10)of each seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment