Friday 16 March 2012

March 16th (Holborough marsh)

Overcast,rather chilly,SW.(1.pm-2.30pm)
Two Kingfishers that I flushed from the dyke that runs partway around the Southern Field,a Lesser Black-backed Gull that flew inland along the river and a Chiffchaff that I saw on the edge of the hawthorn scrub were new birds for the month ( Holborough marsh) now making (60).
Other birds of note that I saw this afternoon were (2) Bullfinch in the hawthorn scrub (1) Curlew along the river (1) Little Egret and and (6) Gadwall on the scrape.

3 comments:

  1. Alan.
    Your seeing some good birds at Holborough, your probably waiting for that "special bird" to appear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ken,I wouldn`t say NO to a Red Kite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ken,I wouldn`t say NO to a Red Kite.

    ReplyDelete