Wednesday 2 May 2012

There was a touch of PAST TIMES in the east scrub this morning, (4) Wheatears,(2) male and (2) female.Although Wheatears were regular passage birds in the early years,it was still rare to see more than 1-2.on any one day.

Two Cuckoo also flew through and at the same time I could hear another bird calling over in the Abbey Meads area

While I was in the east scrub I re-trapped a Nightingale that I had ringed in the west scrub as a (5) (hatched during 2007) on the 23-04-2008.

Seeing as there was low cloud and a NE wind,before I went home I looked in on Brookland lake to see what was about.I saw flying low over the water at least (100) Swallows (50) House Martin and (30) Swifts,(1) Common Tern was also present

Yesterday I saw (1) Wheatear on the edge of the Ham Hill Golf Course (Snodland).

No comments:

Post a Comment