Sunday 30 December 2012

December 30th (BELATED CHRISTMAS PRESENT)

I caught just three birds in my garden net first thing this morning,two Reed Buntings and one Blackcap.Its always nice to catch a winter Blackcap,I usually manage to catch at least one each winter,but this bird was  special,it was already ringed and it was from the Czech Republic (PRAHA MUSEUM).
Its been known for a while now that many of our wintering Blackcaps come from central Europe and to catch one which helps to confirm this is very special indeed,one of my best controls.

I WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR AND GOOD BIRDING.

2 comments:

  1. Well done and a happy new year to you Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phil,its worth checking out the duck if you get the chance,happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete